-wrapping up solar system work; you'll get their artifacts that they made at conferences
- wrapping up experiments with volcano work and research; tying it to our new focus of sound/light and the states of matter. Still talking about it.
-Second semester focus will be on the second great lesson and the coming of life. We will be working more on cardinal directions/globes/maps/biomes during this time.
- We are doing a lot of "enrichment"- we can talk more about that at conferences.
- Thank you to Liza, Chrystal and Elise for donating materials for our volcanoes and states of matter activities. And for providing snack, the kids are so thankful for the fruit leather and pub snack mix.
Things we are working on:
- teasing (there is a lot of teasing and mean-girl talk happening recently. Please talk to your child about this at home so we can tag team this. It will not be tolerated.)
- Being respectful of snack time; the snack area is always left very messy and I am finding snack all over the room. Including smashed into our lovely yoga meditation pillows and work mats. The consequence for a messy snack area that had been repeatedly pointed out for days prior was no class-provided snack on Wednesday. On Wednesday snack was everywhere, smashed into our materials. The consequence for that occurring on Wednesday was no snack allowed in class on Thursday. Snack was back to normal on Friday.
- 3rd years being role models; we are struggling to put our best behaviors forward and I know they can do it. Please remind your child of this expectation. They have an important role in our environment.
Upside: we are doing so much interesting work! I am seeing so much progress in all of the kids, it is such an exciting thing to witness first hand!
Upcoming dates needed for support:
November 17th- Thankful Books (Leah and ? )
December 1st field trip - Elise and Leah, ?, ? - we need 2 more chaperones
Conferences- sign up online or email me with a few preferences!
Mentor program, me out- November 9th and 10th all day. Sub.